Supply Chain Manager, GEM
Dubai, UAE, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
The position is based in Dubai, UAE, will report directly to GEM Cluster Head, and will be responsible for managing & leading the Supply Chain function strategy and activities for Gulf & Eastern Mediterranean (GEM) Cluster. The role is hands-on, proactive, and highly focused on the development and execution of Supply Chain processes for Acino in GEM Cluster with strong collaboration with several departments both within the local operating countries and external partners.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze Supply Chain financial statements to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Manage and control the Demand Planning Process on Cluster level, with a monthly rolling order/forecasting process to ensure high quality throughout all working processes (related to DP/Forecasting).
- Responsible for the generation of a 36 months rolling forecasts, in close coordination with all necessary contributors or stakeholders, such as but not limited to customers, sales & marketing, regulatory and finance.
- Setup and maintain monthly Demand Planning rolling order forecasts process incl. plausibility checks prior to SAP/APO upload.
- Responsible for balancing Cluster Demands & Supply/Production plans to ensure adequate stock levels and shelf life of stocks.
- Upload S&OP approved monthly forecast into the Acino SAP APO system.
- Be the main user/owner of the SAP/APO system for the Cluster ensuring high quality input in the FCT/APO, FG forecasts being the base for internal purchasing (API, bulk, packaging etc.), capacity planning, and production.
- Leverage on internal and external sales data to ensure awareness of In-market sales development and market trends, as well as knowledge of sales & marketing activities (private & tender) and recommend adjustments to forecasts based on latest developments.
- Keep high priority/focus on ensuring that supply is closely followed-up related to DP and deliveries securing adequate stock levels – to be executed through a close collaboration in the work-stream: META SC Team – Acino Global Supply Chain coordination.
- Support decision-making process for product allocation and prioritizations in case of product shortages.
- Support and participate actively in the change control and change management process of product changes by adequately matching demand and supply to registration change status (SL changes, T&L changes etc.), identify and define reasonable bridging stocks when necessary.
- Proactively facilitate, optimize best practices & consensus between functional stakeholders (Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, Operations, Finance, and IT).
- Ensure and/or support adherence to timely receipt of inventory and sales reports (ex-distributor/wholesaler sales) from distributors
- Ensure on time supply with the right documents through a close coordination with GSC Customer Service.
- Follow-up and control the firm order collection from distributors and submission process with respect to supply lead times for META. Order Submissions from LOC’s to be submitted into HQ Customer Service – resulting in a manufacturing confirmation and delivery timing.
- Develop and lead monthly cluster Trackers; “Process Chain Tracker”; SAP/APO Demand Planning workflow tracker’ “cluster Supply Chain Performance Overview “; OOH vs. Order confirmations vs. Budget numbers Tracker.
- Contribute to the yearly budgeting process as well as latest estimate sales processes.
- Bachelor degree.
- Post-graduate study is preferrable.
- Relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proven senior leadership skills and strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated analytical skills – ability to understand, translate and integrate data into actionable insights to drive decision-making.
- Demonstrate ability to interact, cooperate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to be able to communicate (verbal and written) technical and non-technical information clearly to a diverse audience.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with supportive functions and distributers.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Pharma business savvy.
- Self-organization, attention to details, prompt and accurate performance of tasks and responsibilities.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please note only direct applications via our HR System will be considered.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list