Demand Planning Manager, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Cairo, Egypt and will report directly to the Head of Supply Chain. The role oversees the demand operations in Egypt, within the main areas of focus, which are customer order management and fulfillment, SAP master data creation and maintenance, and outbound transportation to distributors/wholesalers for Acino in Egypt, contributing to sales targets.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Manage Demand Forecast process for Egypt and Demand analysis.
- Manage the monthly S&OP for the country by providing the necessary analysis for the market demand.
- Build, maintain, and manage Third Party relationships.
- Monitor Third Party performance and manage the daily operations.
- Member in Launch Execution teams representing the supply chain to manage the launch of new products.
- Monitoring the material procurement process and all logistics costs
- Support the change in Packaging materials artwork between Suppliers and internal departments (RA, QA, etc.)
- Maintenance of material master data (creation and enhancements of new products, deactivation of obsolete products, and master data maintenance in SAP).
- Manage Local Inventories and liaise with Production/distribution planning.
- Collection and creation of Sales order as per the company processes, policies and lead times, and ensure agreed specific commercial and logistics conditions are accurately meet (Incoterms, Payment Terms, prices, mode of shipment, etc.)
- Ensure all sales orders processed are in compliance with business agreed upon commercial terms (FOCs, discounts, payment terms) and well documented to later ensure compliance. Creation of all necessary commercial and transport documentation to allow on time delivery operations at distributor/wholesaler side, in coordination with 3PL, Supply centers, finance and Customers.
- Perform order fulfillment activities to ensure that all orders are being communicated to 3PL, and continuously minimize risks of in-market sales disruptions.
- Ensure specific care for timely delivery of launch or tender shipments within the shortest lead-time possible in coordination with supply chain to avoid any delays or penalties if relevant.
- Pro-actively manage communication with key customers on any query / issue related to order management & fulfillment.
- Identify opportunities in shipments costs reductions subject by minimizing the shipments frequencies.
- Manage invoicing and organize transportation in an efficient and accurate manner contributing to To-Market-Sales financial targets achievements. Release and post sales to accounting on daily basis in order to recognize accurate sales revenues.
- Ensure that customer complaints are being addressed and channeled as per the organization’s responsibilities such as logistics, local quality functions and transport management.
- Assist in Customer satisfaction surveys activities and results analysis.
- Provide supply chain functions, controlling functions and business with accurate sales estimates on daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly reports and provide visibility on overall progress of sales commitments and identify financial risks.
- Manage and maintain accurate Intercompany & selling prices in SAP with close interaction with Regulatory Affairs, Controlling and Business functions, in line with internal control policies.
- Manage & maintain Accurate Customer and Product Master-Data
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, engineering, or business.
- University degree (Logistics/Supply Chain) or similar Supply Certification.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar supply chain function in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good command of English (spoken and written).
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Professional experience in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word.
- SAP experience is a must.
- Analytical skills and ability to handle multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to be able to communicate (verbal and written) technical and non-technical information clearly to business partners and drive the decision-making.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, and continually seeking ways to improve.
- Effective Supplier/Customer relationship management skills.
- Maintain good work relations and sense of urgency.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please note only direct applications via our HR system will be considered.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list