Head of Supply Chain, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Cairo, Egypt and will report directly to the General Manager. This role will oversee the full Demand Planning that consist in forecasting & sales planning of IMS and TMS, according to established methods, processes and workflows, for Egypt market. Thorough review, control and balancing of supply planning and execution, the objective is to maintain adequate inventory levels of finished goods at distributor/Wholesaler level at all times. The role is hands on, proactive, and highly focused on the development and execution of supply chain processes for Acino in Egypt, with the objective to meet sales and service objectives. Strong qualitative daily collaboration with several departments both within the local operating countries, external partners and internal Supply Chain departments & Basel Switzerland.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze supply chain financial statements to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Manage and control the Demand Planning Process on country level, with a monthly rolling order/forecasting process & ensure high quality throughout all working processes (related to DP/Forecasting).
- Responsible for the generation of a 36 months rolling forecasts, in close coordination with all necessary contributors or stakeholders, such as but not limited to customers, sales & marketing, regulatory and finance.
- Setting up and maintaining monthly demand planning cycle’s e. monthly rolling order forecasts process incl. plausibility checks prior to SAP/APO upload.
- Responsible for balancing country Demands & Supply/production plans and ensure adequate stock levels and shelf life of stocks. That includes supply management of imported finished in Egypt, as well as management of local manufacturers.
- Upload S&OP approved monthly forecast into the Acino SAP APO system.
- Be the main user/owner of the SAP/APO system for the country. Ensuring high quality input in the FCT/APO, FG forecasts being the the base for internal purchasing (API, bulk, packaging etc.), capacity planning, and production.
- Leverage on internal and external sales data to ensure awareness of In-market sales development and market trends, as well as knowledge of sales & marketing activities (private & tender). ake recommended adjustments to forecasts, based on latest develpments.. Ensure analysis and action setting where gap are identified (eg +/-10% vs. orders or forecasts).
- Continuously improving the sales forecasting techniques, process and input from the cluster, through trainings and collaboration with local commercial teams.
- Keeping high priority/focus on ensuring that supply is closely followed-up related to DP and deliveries securing adequate stock levels – to be executed through a close collaboration in the work-stream: META SC Team – Acino Global Supply Chain coordination.
- Exception management follow up, e.g. supply shortfalls & tenders linked to mapping where potential downsides can be compensated.
- Support decision-making process for product allocation and prioritizations in case of product shortages.
- Support and participate actively in the change control and change management process of product changes by adequately matching demand and supply to registration change status (eg SL changes, T&L changes etc). Identify and define reasonable bridging stocks when necessary.
- Proactively facilitating, optimizing best practices & consensus between functional stakeholders (Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, Operations, Finance, and IT).
- Ensure and/or support adherence to timely receipt of inventory and sales reports (ex-distributor/wholesaler sales) from distributors.
- Ensures on time supply with the right documents through a close coordination with GSC Customer Service.
- Following up and controlling the firm order collection from distributors and submission process with respect to supply lead times for MEA. Order Submissions from LOC’s to be submitted into HQ Customer Service – resulting in a manufacturing confirmation and delivery timing.
- Responsible to develop and lead monthly cluster Trackers:; “Process Chain Tracker”; SAP/APO Demand Planning workflow tracker’ “cluster Supply Chain Performance Overview “; OOH vs. Order confirmations vs. Budget numbers Tracker.
- Active contribution to the yearly budgeting process as well as Latest Estimate Sales processes.
- Management of 3PL in Egypt, including inbound, outbound, storage and inventory management as such. That includes overseeing the local operations, as well as negotiating 3PL rates and contracts.
- Transport management & import customs operations, through freight forwarding agent or transport companies
- University degree in a related field. Post-graduate study is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a pharmaceutical company.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Demonstrate analytical skills – ability to understand, translate and integrate data into actionable insights to drive decision-making.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to be able to communicate (verbal and written) technical and non-technical information clearly to a diverse audience and gain impact with senior-level decision makers.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Pharma business savvy, Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Proficient level of MS skill (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with expert level in Excel.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!.
Please note only direct applications via our HR System will be considered.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list