Supply Chain Manager – French West Africa (FWA)
Cote D'Ivoire - French West Africa (FWA), Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Cote D’Ivoire and will report directly to the Cluster Head, FWA and functionally to Supply Chain Director, Middle East, Turkey & Africa (META). This role oversees the full Demand Planning that consist in forecasting & sales planning of In-Market Sales and To-Market Sales in the French West Africa Cluster, according to established methods, processes and workflows. The incumbent in this role also ensures thorough review, control and balancing of supply planning and execution to maintain adequate inventory levels of finished goods at distributor/wholesaler level at all times. This role is hands on, proactive, and highly focused on the development and execution of supply chain processes for Acino in French West Africa, with the objective to meet sales and service objectives. Strong qualitative daily collaboration with several departments both within the local operating countries, external partners, internal Supply Chain departments & Basel Switzerland.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze supply chain financial statements to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Manage and control the Demand Planning Process on country level, with a monthly rolling order/forecasting process & ensure high quality throughout all working processes (related to DP/Forecasting).
- Responsible for the generation of a 36 months rolling forecasts, in close coordination with all necessary contributors or stakeholders, such as but not limited to customers, sales & marketing, regulatory and finance.
- Setting up and maintaining monthly demand planning cycle’s i.e. monthly rolling order forecasts process including plausibility checks prior to SAP/APO upload.
- Responsible for balancing country Demands & Supply/Production plans and ensure adequate stock levels and shelf life of stocks. That includes supply management of imported finished in French West Africa Cluster, as well as management of local manufacturers.
- Upload S&OP approved monthly forecast into the Acino SAP APO system.
- Be the main user/owner of the SAP/APO system for the Country. Ensuring high quality input in the FCT/APO, FG forecasts being the base for internal purchasing (API, bulk, packaging etc…), capacity planning and production.
- Leverage on internal and external sales data to ensure awareness of In-Market Sales development and market trends, as well as knowledge of sales & marketing activities (private & tender).
- Make recommended adjustments to forecasts, based on latest developments. Ensure analysis and action setting where gap are identified (eg +/-10% vs. orders or forecasts).
- Continuously improve sales forecasting techniques, process and input from the cluster, through trainings and collaboration with local commercial teams.
- Keep high priority/focus on ensuring that supply is closely followed up related to DP and deliveries securing adequate stock levels – to be executed through a close collaboration in the work-stream: META SC Team – Acino Global Supply Chain coordination.
- Exception management follow up, e.g. supply shortfalls & tenders linked to mapping where potential downsides can be compensated.
- Support decision making process for product allocations and prioritizations in case of product shortages.
- Support and participate actively in the change control and change management process of product changes by adequately matching demand and supply to registration change status (eg SL changes, T&L changes etc …). Identify and define reasonable bridging stocks when necessary.
- Proactively facilitating, optimizing best practices & consensus between functional stakeholders (Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, Operations, Finance, and IT).
- Ensure and/or support adherence to timely receipt of inventory and sales reports (ex-distributor/wholesaler sales) from distributors.
- Ensure on time supply with the right documents through a close coordination with Global Supply Chain Customer Service.
- Follow up and control firm order collection from distributors and submission process with respect to supply lead times for META. Order Submissions from LOC’s to be submitted into HQ Customer Service – resulting in a manufacturing confirmation and delivery timing.
- Responsible to develop and lead monthly cluster Trackers; “Process Chain Tracker”; SAP/APO Demand Planning workflow Tracker’ “Cluster Supply Chain Performance Overview “; OOH vs. Order confirmations vs. Budget numbers Tracker.
- Active contribution to the yearly budgeting process as well as Latest Estimate Sales processes.
- KPI’s : Forecast Accuracy (In-Market Sales/To-Market Sales), OTIF, Order Accuracy, On-Time Reports, Customer Satisfaction, Stock Norm.
- Management of 3PL in French West Africa Cluster, including inbound, outbound, storage and inventory management as such.
- Transport management & import customs operations, through freight forwarding agent or transport companies.
Your Profile :
- Degree level qualifications preferably in Operations or Logistics management. Professional Logistics qualifications.
- 4-5 years experience in Supply Chain or related roles.
- Strong managerial skills required.
- Extensive change management and benchmarking skills desirable.
- Must have multi-cultural experience working in countrywide operations.
- Excellent communication skills and influencing ability. High degree of customer focus
- English and French (spoken and written).
Please submit your direct application via this LINK
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list