Regional Insights & Forecasting Manager, Middle East, Turkey & Africa (META)
Cairo Egypt, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Cairo, Egypt and will report directly to the Regional Strategy & Business development Director, Middle East, Turkey & Africa (META).
This role will support META Portfolio development process to identify and expand Acino product portfolio by collaborating with Global, Regional and Country Directors as well as analyze market trends, competitors’ behaviors, identify unmet medical needs / new product opportunities using appropriate market intelligence databases (e.g. IMS/IQVIA), country insights and other data sources. The role will also be required to create sales forecasts / business cases for new product opportunities in collaboration with Business Development & Country teams.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively analyses market trends, competitive landscape, Acino existing portfolio and proposes sound recommendations to expand the product portfolio.
- Apply pharma & generics industry experience, scientific knowledge to filter the proposed product opportunities, drive the assumptions and lead/support the sales forecasting and financial evaluations (business cases).
- Act as a key contact for Corporate teams, countries and other functional teams for forecasting activities and business case preparations.
- Collaborate with Global Portfolio Manager regarding regional business cases to ensure they are prepared in due time and assumptions are up to standards.
- Develop an easy-to-implement forecasting model / tool (and/or other analytical solutions) to speed up the forecasting cycle related to business opportunities, ensuring accuracy and consistency of assumptions across countries.
- Provide leadership in the forecasting process as well as the annual market planning and budgeting process whenever needed.
- Support on ad-hoc requests/projects in a timely and accurate manner (e.g. Regional portfolio strategy, portfolio optimization projects).
- Actively participate in the Regional Product Committee (decision making body).
Your Profile :
- Pharmacy Degree or Bachelor Degree (MBA or equivalent preferred) with good medical / scientific knowledge
- 5+ year experience in the pharmaceutical / healthcare sector (ideally in the generics field), with good knowledge about META markets (e.g. Iraq, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Turkey)
- Strong experience in working with business intelligence / market research databases (i.e. IMS/IQVIA).
- Strong analytical skills, business opportunity assessment and market analysis experience gained from experiences in consulting, market research analysis or business insights roles in a pharmaceutical company.
- Modelling experience, capability to build easy-to-implement forecast models and dashboards.
- Ability to analyze / handle large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets with proper qualitative / quantitative market research capabilities to drive fast decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues; build story boards and present to business stakeholders.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint tools.
- Ability to lead, manage cross functional projects in a structured way, with proper planning and monitoring.
- Autonomous, independent thinker with a can-do-attitude, sense of urgency.
Please submit your direct application via this LINK
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list