Procurement Buyer, META
Dubai, UAE, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
The position is based in Dubai, UAE and will report directly to the Head of Procurement, META and will be responsible for souring activities of Indirect Procurement across designated countries is responsible to achieve agreed sales, MS, productivity and performance targets within a given territory.
Your Responsibilities will be :
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and GIP guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
Your Profile :
- Knowledge and experience of the Pharma Industry is a plus. Bachelor degree, CIPS or equivalent certificate is a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position with knowledge of Indirect procurement.
- Knowledge of Category Management process & its practical application is a plus.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation and management. Strategic thinking for alignment with Acino’s longer term objectives.
- Effective supplier relationship management skills.
- Experience of managing large and effective cross functional teams.
- Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term high value contracts.
- Computer and analytical skills, Communications skills, Problem solving, Work under pressure
- Good command of English language.
- Maintain good work relations, sense of Urgency, Decision maker.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please note only direct applications via our HR system will be considered.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list