Plant Manager Basel 100% (f/m)
Aesch BL, Switzerland
Acino, a Swiss pharmaceutical company headquartered in Zurich, develops, manufactures and internationally markets well-proven and innovative pharmaceuticals in novel drug delivery forms. Under the brand ‘Acino Switzerland’, Acino sells high-quality medicines in emerging markets with a strategic focus on the Middle East, Africa, Russia, Ukraine and CIS, and Latin America.
The major tasks in this important role include:
- Lead, guide and develop the operations plant Basel incl. manufacturing and the local departments engineering, EHS, and MS&T
- Be a role model in living the Acino values and secure their implementation
- Ensure reliable delivery of quality products in cGMP compliant manufacturing at competitive costs
- Design, implement and continuously improve manufacturing and sourcing strategies
- Optimize resource and asset utilization by continuous improvement of site performance and profitability, including contract manufacturing
- Support Operational Excellence projects on site
- Lead development and execution of short and midterm capacity- and resource plan (budget, Capacity, strategic plan)
- Develop and optimize local supply chain strategy in close cooperation with global supply chain
- Develop people and necessary competencies by talent-management and organizational development
- Support Acino Pharma quality management system, implement corporate and local quality standards plus corresponding processes and supervise performance and compliance in order to safeguard permanent readiness for GMP inspections and audits
- Take full responsibility for legal requirements with regard to all activities of the legal entity within the described areas of responsibility
Support and drive technology and process development in line with the production needs (e.g. pharmaceutical technology, new dosage forms, presentations and packaging) and R&D programs
- Conduct regular performance reviews of direct reports vs. agreed goals and KPIs
Ideally, we are looking for a person with a university degree (MD, PhD), sound experience in pharmaceutical technology or science. Additional background in business administration and engineering would be beneficial. Successful career track in management of site and corporate functions as well as strong experience in negotiation and contract management. Very good knowledge in Business English is a must. Clear understanding of current & future trends & opportunities in pharmaceuticals manufacturing and product supply as well as adequate practical experience in various functions in pharmaceutical production. The candidate must have very good knowledge of international cGMP requirements and a profound knowledge in pharmaceutical production such as plant manager or deputy in pharmaceutical production. We also expect working experience in more than one PharmaCo.
In addition, the candidate should have strong communicaton and problem solving skills, being structured, pragmatic, dynamic and stress resistant.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail into one PDF document – to Mr. Anthony Durieux-Menage.
Anthony Durieux-Menage, HR Director Switzerland / Phone +41 61 338 60 00 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to the opportunity to get to know you. We only accept direct applications.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document – to Mrs. S. Gamboni, Human Resource Management.
Sandra Gamboni, Manager HR
Phone +41 44 555 22 00
We are looking forward to meeting you in person. Only direct applications are considered.Job list