Medical Science Liaison, GEM
Dubai, UAE, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Dubai, UAE and will report directly to the General Manager, GEM. The role will be in charge and responsible of local medical activities related to the assigned products within the Acino portfolio. The position will be responsible to perform activities within the scope of projects or to accomplish specific tasks as well as compliant with regulations regarding occupational and health safety regulations.
Your Responsibilities will be :
- Develop and maintain professional scientific relationship with External Experts, in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to further understand and gain both insights and/or inputs into treatment patterns, including the scientific activities taking place within the Disease Areas and the needs and standards of care applied by health care providers.
- Develop account mapping and customer mapping for different strategic TAs/products and sets clear engagement and partnership plans for customers.
- Respond appropriately by providing accurate scientific data to unsolicited scientific questions or requests posed by Physicians for approved Products/Brands (in-label and off -label), and for products in development in compliance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards.
- Support the participation, as required and as appropriate of Physicians in scientific activities. Identify and prepare speakers for Acino activities.
- Develop scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data) under the guidance of the RMA. Such presentations should be reviewed according to the appropriate internal review processes to ensure medical accuracy and ethical and legal compliance.
- Propose to the Brand Team scientifically meaningful medical programs such as Continuous Medical Educational Programs and Symposia.
- Contributes to the development of Local Brand Plans and strategies by communicating the medical insight and knowledge derived from Expert Physicians, other health-care providers or scientific publications about the product or disease area, in particular with reference to patient needs and treatment trends.
- Proactively identify and discuss with marketing colleagues the needs for updating the promotional materials.
- Provide medical disease/therapeutic area/product training as needed to sales force and other functions in the country and maintain a training tracking sheet.
- Support all pre-launch and launch activities for products in accordance with the Regional Market Access, META guidelines as well as provide support in organizing procedures for medical activities , if needed. Have an overview of medicinal product safety profiles, any emerging safety concerns, or obligations adopted as part of the marketing authorizations and other commitments relating to the safe use of Acino products.
- Support sales meetings, if needed, with medico-scientific materials or updates in relevance to the assigned products.
- Ensure that all Medical activities are in compliance with local country MOH regulations and relevant Acino’s SOPs
- Communicate with Compliance Manager META for any needed compliance advises/information concerning relevant country in specific and META region in general and Acino Code of Ethics and branding guideline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a relevant degree with a minimum of 3 years in a similar medical position in a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Broad medical background with experience in the relevant Therapeutic areas with basic understanding product development process over different stages
- Knowledge of clinical trial process, disease methodology and statistics. Build credible, scientifically-orientated relationships with external experts within disease area
- Be able to work in a matrix organization as well as with cross-functional teams. Effectively manage risk and ensure compliance within the organization as well as knowledge of Healthcare systems.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation as well as training skills. Able to represent the company in a professional manner at local Medical, Scientific events.
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of medicinal therapeutic area and relationship building skills with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (spoken and written), Arabic language is an advantage
Please submit your direct application via this LINK
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list