Manager Intellectual Property 80% (f/m)
Zurich, Oerlikon, International/Corporate
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region, and Latin America, and we operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust, and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
The start date of this position is August 1, 2021.
In this role you will be responsible to lead a small patents and trademarks division which is part of the Acino Group Legal department. You will be supported by an Assistant Patent & Trademarks Affairs, and report directly to the Chief Legal, Integrity & Compliance Officer.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise on Intellectual Property to commercial, out-licensing and production divisions.
- Conduct patent searches (e.g. API patent expiries, freedom to operate analyses).
- Carry out trademark searches and file trademarks. Accompany the trademarks registration process and support Acino’s end-to end launch process in the regions.
- Support to Acino’s business development (in-licensing or M&A) activities by executing due diligence on Intellectual Property and handling post-closing integration of acquired IP portfolios.
- Budget responsibility for IP activities, i.e. preparing budgets and controlling costs.
- Management of Acino’s IP related databases.
- Supervision of a paralegal assisting on trademark matters.
- If required, handling of IP related litigations or administrative proceedings, leading and cooperating with external counsel.
- University Master’s degree or PhD in a life science (e.g. pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, biology).
- Patent specific education. Sound professional knowledge in patent related aspects of pharmaceutical products. Substantial experience in conducting patent searches using commercial patent databases (e.g. ARK, PatBase).
- Education and experience on trademarks and trademark databases (e.g. Serion/Saegis) would be an asset. However, specific training could be provided.
- Good communication skills and fluency in both German and English at a professional level is mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years related working experience in the IP department of an internationally active pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to work independently and as a business partner to the commercial functions.
- Highly motivated and hard-working, possessing a strong sense of responsibility, integrity and business acumen.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please use this link to apply!
Please send your application documents in English.
Only direct applications are considered. No agencies please.