Head of Direct Procurement 100% (f/m/d)
Aesch / Baselland, Switzerland
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region, and Latin America, and we operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust, and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Planning and leading all strategic aspects across the globe on a <global / regional, sites and country level> level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions.
- Mapping the value chain, analyzing it and deriving potential scenarios.
- Understanding and application of total cost of ownership, and should cost modelling.
- Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partner.
- Supporting reports to determine appropriate compliance level.
- Monitoring end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.) and deriving corrective actions to improve compliance.
- Applying risk management processes including identifying and evaluating risks, and defining and executing a risk mitigation plan.
- Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions for all direct procurement projects /scope).
- Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
- Mapping and analyzing the ecosystem, meaning how procurement’s customers, stakeholders, suppliers, 3rd parties and even competitors play a role in ecosystems.
- Analyzing specifications for optimization, linking specification to customer value, challenging specification confidently and conveying messages clearly and convincing stakeholders.
- Linking strategies to measurable target and clearly conveying them to the organization.
- Contract management across all value chain through standardized approach.
- Managing all of warehousing and distribution projects/quotations.
- Lead and drive standard process and governance for all direct procurement activities in global with strong synergies across regions.
- Tiring our suppliers with clear business continue plan for our source (API, Excipient, packaging).
- Several years of procurement/sourcing experience.
- Solid experience in leading and managing procurement teams with a focus on mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Strong leadership and effective business partnering capabilities – influence without authority.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in a complex organization.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing and category management process.
- Able to manage ambiguity in making decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Capable of working across all functions and levels of an organization.
- Strong understand of the B2B model to support the business in taking the right decisions.
- Ambassador of Acino Leadership Charter: Achiever, Explorer, Communicator, Supporter and, Coach.
- Good collaboration and communication skills.
- Role model of our Values: courage, empathy, trust and commitment.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future.
Execution, Accountability, Multiplier, Growth Mindset and Explicit are Acino Behaviors.
If this sounds exciting, we look forward to hearing from you, please apply HERE
Only direct applications are considered. No agencies please.