Global Medical Affairs Manager
Cairo, Egypt, Middle East, Turkey, and Africa
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This role will be based in Cairo, Egypt and will report to the Head of Global Medical Affairs (functional) and dotted line to the META Medical Director. The role will be responsible for exchanging up-to-date scientific and medical information with internal and external customers, for creating, reviewing, and approving materials, and for ensuring medical governance and compliance with all applicable SOPs and regulations.
Your Responsibilities will be :
- Developing, updating, reviewing medical training materials, educational, other non-promotional materials
- Delivering medical trainings to Regional Medical, Marketing and other colleagues
- Reviewing and approving marketing materials for assigned products /therapeutic areas.
- Organizing & attending medical scientific events.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in assigned therapeutic areas, acting as a Subject Matter Expert in those areas.
- Working with international Key External Experts, medical and scientific societies.
- Discussing scientific data with Key External Experts and key stakeholders.
- Providing scientific / clinical evidence to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional manner.
- Handling Medical Information Requests (MIRs).
- Communicating and exchanging best practices with Medical Affairs Global and Regional, and x-functionally. Providing diverse therapeutic and industrial knowledge to colleagues.
- Providing scientific and medical support to internal and external activities.
- Keeping and updating the medical deliverables in MyAcino platform and other resources, maintains GMA platforms and systems.
- Providing medical and scientific insights to strategic management in assigned therapeutic areas.
- Performing Medical Assessments. Contributing to Health Hazard Assessments.
- Providing medical and scientific input to Pharmacovigilance (PV) documentation, creates educational materials within additional Risk Minimization Measures.
- Providing medical and scientific expertise and assistance in clinical trials, including those initiated by researchers
- Developing and reviews SOPs. Ensuring full compliance with company relevant SOPs and other regulations.
- Developing and maintains good working relationships with other teams. Providing reports in the required form and within the specified deadline.
- Taking an active part in corporate trainings, meetings, conferences for the purpose of professional growth and efficiency.
- Strictly adhering to internal policies and standard operating procedures designed to ensure patient safety, product quality assurance, antibribery/anticorruption and ethical promotion, including Mandatory attendance of trainings on Pharmacovigilance (PV), Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance and others. Prioritization of PV, QA, EHS and compliance cases investigations.
Your Profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine/pharmacy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry and 3 years in a similar position at local subsidiary or Headquarters level.
- Experience in cardiovascular area, understanding of medical aspects of related therapeutic area
- Ability to perform scientific research, accurately and effectively evaluate data, understand clinical trials and biostatistics, and analytical skills
- Experience in creation of medical/educational materials and delivering trainings
- Proven track record of successful projects implementation
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications and experience with electronic systems and databases
- Self-organization, attention to details, prompt and accurate performance of tasks and responsibilities
- Fluent written and spoken English.
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please note only direct applications via our HR system will be considered.
If you are interested in working for a company that offers such challenging opportunities, we invite you to send your application along with all pertinent documents – preferably via e-mail in one PDF document to the following email address:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Only direct applications are considered.Job list