Global Head of Corporate Development 100% (f/m/d)
Zurich / Oerlikon, International/Corporate
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Zürich and will report directly to the CEO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scouting, negotiation and execution of BD opportunities
- Preparation of Business Cases for decision on deals
- Drafting of deal term sheets and offers
- Securing that proper Due Diligence is performed
- Leading contract negotiation together with Legal Counsel
- Optimal allocation of deals between Regional and Corporate BD
- Material preparation and presentations to Excom and board of directors
- Leading role in negotiating licensing, distribution and M&A deals with partners and sellers
- Preparing the grounds for integrating M&A deals into the business
- Team leader with senior members direct reports at headquarters and dotted lines with regional BD heads
- Process ownership for: Licensing-in Process, M&A Process, Due Diligence Process, Business case and financial evaluation, Pre-launch pricing process
- 8+ years’ experience in international Business Development roles in Healthcare companies with a track record of leading and successfully completing complex or high impact transactions in life sciences; ideally with extensive pharmaceutical industry experience in another function (TechOps, Medical, Regulatory, Quality)
- Experience with deals in the Middle East and in Generic companies preferred
- Post Graduate Degree (Master or PhD) combined with a business education
- Solid understanding of all processes and interconnections within the pharmaceutical value chain
- Strong negotiation, communication, project management and influencing skills
- Solid understanding of legal wording for contract negotiation
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging environment; high resistance to pressure resulting from timelines and complexity
- Solid understanding of finance principles for business case building and investment evaluation
- Familiarity with data analysis and proficient use of Excel
- Fluent / business-level English, additional languages is an advantage
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where you can actively participate in shaping our future.
Execution, Accountability, Multiplier, Growth Mindset and Explicit are Acino Behaviors.
If this sounds exciting, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your application documents in English.
Only direct applications are considered. No agencies please.