Global Head of Business Development
Zurich / Oerlikon, Switzerland
Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region and Latin America, and operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
This position is based in Zurich and will report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scouting, negotiation and execution of BD opportunities
- Preparation of Business Cases for decision on deals
- Drafting of deal term sheets and offers
- Securing that proper Due Diligence is performed
- Leading contract negotiation together with Legal Counsel
- Optimal allocation of deals between Regional and Corporate BD
- Managing existing alliances (create and maintain partner & deals overviews, track business cases from signing into commercialization and price negotiation before launches)
- Process ownership for
- Licensing-in Process
- M&A Process
- Due Diligence Process
- Business case and financial evaluation
- Pre-launch pricing process
- 8+ years’ experience in international Business Development roles in Healthcare companies with a track record of leading and successfully completing complex or high impact transactions in life sciences; ideally with extensive pharmaceutical industry experience in another function (TechOps, Medical, Regulatory, Quality)
- Track success record in international management roles or with MNC
- Post Graduate Degree (Master or PhD) combined with a business education
- Solid understanding of all processes and interconnections within the pharmaceutical value chain
- Preferential factors: experience with deals in the Middle East, experience in Generic companies and/or Private Equity owned companies
- Strong negotiation, communication, project management and influencing skills
- Solid understanding of legal wording for contract negotiation
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging environment / High resistance to pressure resulting from timelines and complexity
- Solid understanding of finance principles for business case building and investment evaluation
- Familiarity with data analysis and proficient use of Excel
- Fluent / business-level English. Additional languages as an advantage
This is the opportunity to develop and grow your career in a dynamic international organization where we value courage, commitment, empathy and trust, and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please note only applications submitted via our HR system will be considered and you must have the right to work in Switzerland.